Friday 21 January 2011

So glad it's Friday

I have not managed to keep up my resolution to blog more often as I have gone back to work.

I started back on Monday 10th January and it's taken a lot out of me especially there is still one lift out of action and it has to be the one I use :((( For anyone that doesnt know I went to work one morning in November to find none of the lifts working and I had to walk up 4 floors, that caused me to collapse with pain in my knees ( osteoarthritis ) and I ended up off work as it then triggers off my CFS, fibromyalgia and major chronic back pain.

So now I am back at work it's sapped all my energy and am exhausted when I get in from work and haven't even been able to knit or spin, but I have made a decision that I can't go on like this on shifts and having to work a lot of backshifts that I have applied to go on a permanent day shift having a day off during the week and work a half day Saturday not something that I wanted to do but my health and quality of life is more important.

Well back to the knitting recently I have managed to do a test knit for a headband/ earwarmer






And also chunky bed socks that as soon as they were cast off my youngest daughter Jacqueline acquired them lol. I am also just getting ready to cast off another pair for a RAK gift






Well knit group tomorrow will be battling on with a test knit for a lacy beret and my B socks for my A-Z sock challenge .


Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. I love the color of the socks! How are you and your knees? Good to know that your OA didn't affect your fingers... I had OA too and it felt like all my joints were about to break down/tear apart... I was young when I was diagnosed with arthritis. My parents were so worried and thanks to their effort, we were able to find the appropriate treatment for me (of course after trying other treatments including physical therapy). I had stem cell treatment, done by my orthopedic surgeon, Dr Purita. Aside from the treatment, he also instructed me the right exercises for my joints and so far, they're all effective. My knees are performing well in the past years of running, my fingers are pain-free after several hours of typing, feet and ankles are good too. I wish you will find the right treatment for you too. It is never good to depend on pain relievers and such... Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete